This 60 minute powerpoint presentation introduces my model, the 6 pillars to recovery:
- Physiology – we have a different presentation covering, in detail, all the physiological imbalances frequently found in CFS. This presentation introduces the concept of functional medicine and highlights the physiological imbalances that may be present but does not go any further.
- Relationships – the importance of the relationship you have with your practitioner, as well as the relationship between you and your significant others
- Emotions – emotions play key roles in altering autonomic and hormonal function, and influence our energetic state and thus are a key part of our model.
- Thoughts – the thoughts and beliefs we have influence our behaviour and thus our results. Our beliefs have also been found to become self-fulfilling prophecies in areas such as stress. Metacognition – the thoughts we hold about our thoughts can also exacerbate situations such as insomnia.
- Feelings – Impaired body awareness has proven to be one cause of stress-related ill health and thus supporting our clients improve their body awareness can be beneficial.
- Environment – Our environment can directly influence our internal environment (our thoughts, feelings, emotions physiology) and must be considered in the healing process.